gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Feb 2 23:01:09 EST 2017

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 4:35 PM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Geert Janssens <gjanssens at code.gnucash.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Updated  via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/659c96eb (commit)
>>         via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/4fdacb9b (commit)
>>         via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/0a8d7a21 (commit)
>>        from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/aeb04e1d (commit)
>>

>> commit 659c96eb1bb8c6cc4a4eab6de0b2ee3f82bd50af
>> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
>> Date:   Thu Feb 2 18:48:15 2017 +0100
>>
>>    Optionally locate boost via environment variable BOOST_ROOT
>>
>>    This was already the case for our autotools based build
>>    and simplifies the build setup for our Windows build system.
>>
>> commit 4fdacb9b2a614c62ee8c03e2035a1cb800417bcf
>> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
>> Date:   Thu Feb 2 18:31:54 2017 +0100
>>
>>    Fix building gtest library on mingw
>>
>>    See https://github.com/google/googletest/issues/893
>>
>> commit 0a8d7a2142419c9494bf40324936a31b380d2161
>> Author: Geert Janssens <geert at kobaltwit.be>
>> Date:   Thu Feb 2 17:20:39 2017 +0100
>>
>>    Make google test framework a mandatory build dependency
>>
>>    All c++ unit tests will be written with it, and testing
>>    should be possible out of the box.
>>    We could make it optional, but then lots of tests will
>>    be skipped. This creates an illusion of all tests passing
>>    while many are simply not run. This confusion should be
>>    avoided.
>>    This change depends on a second commit for the windows build
>>    in the gnucash-on-windows repository. This commit will be
>>    pushed at the same time.
>>

>> Summary of changes:
>> CMakeLists.txt                     |   9 +-
>> configure.ac                       | 197 +++++++++++++++++++-----------
>> -------
>> src/cmake_modules/GncAddTest.cmake |  66 +++++++------
>> src/engine/test/Makefile.am        |   2 -
>> src/libqof/qof/test/CMakeLists.txt |  89 ++++++++---------
>> src/libqof/qof/test/Makefile.am    |   2 -
>> src/test-core/CMakeLists.txt       |  22 ++---
>> src/test-core/Makefile.am          |   2 -
>> 8 files changed, 195 insertions(+), 194 deletions(-)

> Geert,
>
> I build on Fedora 25 and after this commit configure fails with:
>
> checking for main in -lgtest_main... no
> checking for /usr/src/gtest/src/gtest-all.cc... no
> checking for /usr/src/gtest/gtest-main.cc... no
> checking for /usr/src/gmock/src/gmock-all.cc... no
> checking for /usr/include/gtest/gtest.h... no
> checking for /usr/include/gmock/gmock.h... no
> checking whether Google Test is available... No gtest-root
> No gmock-root
> configure: error:
>
> Unable to find the Google test framework. Either install gtest/gmock
> packages or point to the base directories of the sources using
> GTEST_ROOT and GMOCK_ROOT environment variables.

> [...]

Alex,

The configure script used to know where the gtest and gmock modules were installed on Fedora, but perhaps that's changed. The simplest solution is to clone https://github.com/google/googletest <https://github.com/google/googletest> -b revision_1.18.0 and then pass --with-gtest-root=/path/to/googletest/googletest --with-gmock-root=/path/to/googletest/googlemock to configure. Be sure to use absolute paths in those args, recursive make will fail if you give it relative paths.

Regards,
John Ralls