Document Update Instructions have been revised

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Feb 7 03:01:28 EST 2017

From: John Ralls [mailto:jralls at ceridwen.us]
Sent: Friday, 27 January 2017 1:40 AM
To: sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Cc: Chris Good <chris.good at ozemail.com.au>; Frank H. Ellenberger
<frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com>; GnuCash Developers
<gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: Document Update Instructions have been revised

On Jan 25, 2017, at 11:55 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com
<mailto:sunfish62 at yahoo.com> > wrote:

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 8:26, John Ralls

<jralls at ceridwen.us <mailto:jralls at ceridwen.us> > wrote:

Indeed. But you don't need all of it, just the command-line tools.

Regards,

John Ralls

I'm not sure you can get one without first getting the other. At least, I
haven't been able to.

Assuming that you don't already have Xcode installed, try running

  clang foo.cpp

in Terminal. That should pop up a dialog box offering to install them for
you.

Regards,

John Ralls

Hi David,

Did you manage to install the Xcode command line tools without having to
install the full Xcode or did you have to use John's 'clang foo.cpp' method?

I think we should document this either way.

Regards, Chris Good