documentation bug 687820

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 05:17:38 EST 2017

Frank,
I'm pretty sure those features are not opened to mere mortals, at least, I can't see them. That's what I meant when I said I could only edit an existing dependency entry.
David T.

  On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 10:50, Frank H. Ellenberger<frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:   Davids,

Am 07.02.2017 um 03:16 schrieb david.carlson.417 at gmail.com:
> Sounds Like we need clarification on how to use those fields to best
> advantage. David C Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE
> tablet
>

> ------ Original message------From: DavidDate: Mon, Feb 6, 2017 7:53
> PMTo: David Carlson;Frank H. Ellenberger;Cc:
> gnucash-devel at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: documentation bug 687820 David,
> Frank,I was trying to add the new bug as a dependency of the older
> one (as Frank did earlier), but my view only offers an edit option,
> which removed the earlier dependency. I wanted to keep the earlier
> dependency to keep the pieces linked, so I changed it back, knowing
> that someone would note it here and maybe add the dependency in
> additionally. FWIW, I also tried the See Also option on the offhand
> chance it would go into the dependencies spot, but it didn't.David

Let me try ...

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/ says in the upper right corner:
 version 4.4.12

So https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.4/en/html/ should be the right manual.

https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.4/en/html/bug_page.html below:
 18. *Dependencies: If this bug cannot be fixed unless other bugs are
fixed (depends on), or this bug stops other bugs being fixed (blocks),
their numbers are recorded here.

So you can edit lists in "Depends on" and "Blocks".
To visualize more complex dependencies use "tree". e.g.
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=570303&hide_resolved=1

HTH
Frank