Paylist

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Feb 7 05:57:24 EST 2017

Op dinsdag 7 februari 2017 15:02:23 CET schreef Martin Mainka:
> Hi,
>
> i try to manage the Payments for the employees according to description
> in GnuCash Tutorial and Concepts Guide chapter 17. My Problem is to get
> reports for the employees. In the configuration i'm not able to select
> an account Gnucash should look for entries. The field is greyed. Is
> there a special setup necessary?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Martin Mainka

Hi Martin,

I presume you are referring to the employee reports found under Reports-
>Business ?

Unfortunately these reports won't work with the payroll management method
which is explained in Chapter 17 of the guide.

There is a note at the end of section 17.2 which hints at how to report the
outstanding payroll for an employee, which is to start from your payroll
account register, use the Find menu option to filter this to only the employee
you are interested in. This will open a new register with the search results
only. On the register you can then run the Account Report.

The reports under Reports->Business will only work if you have configured the
business features of gnucash (for which you can find more information under
the chapters Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable of the Guide). However
even then the employee reports found there are not what you are looking for.
The business features don't have support for payroll. That's why chapter 17
explains a way to do it manually. Instead the business features support
expense vouchers which employees can file for expenses they have made on
behalf of the company. And the reports under Reports->Business only relate to
this feature.

Hopefully this clears it up a bit for you.

Regards,

Geert