Boost error compiling gnucash under Microsoft Windows

Stephen Brown StephenBrown777 at outlook.com
Tue Feb 7 19:24:55 EST 2017

In a gcdev mysys shell running install.sh I see

checking for boostlib >= 1.53.0... configure: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.53 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

configure: error: Boost 1.53.0 or later was not found and is required to build GnuCash

GNUCash at Ace /c/gcdev/gnucash-on-windows.git

How do I check the boost version installed?

Cheers
Stephen Brown