Boost error compiling gnucash under Microsoft Windows

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 8 04:31:00 EST 2017

Op woensdag 8 februari 2017 00:24:55 CET schreef Stephen Brown:
> In a gcdev mysys shell running install.sh I see
>

> checking for boostlib >= 1.53.0... configure: We could not detect the boost
> libraries (version 1.53 or higher). If you have a staged boost library
> (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do
> not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost
> installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>.
> See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.
>
> configure: error: Boost 1.53.0 or later was not found and is required to
> build GnuCash

Stephen,

I have very recently changed the way Boost is detected in our Windows build environment. To
make this work, you need to pull the appropriate commits in both the gnucash-on-windows.git
and the gnucash.git repositories.

Can you
- open a git msys shell in both repositories
- run "git pull" in each
- rerun "install.sh" from the gnucash build environment msys shell

One tip that's not yet documented anywhere:
If you want to greatly reduce the build time of the gnucash component, I suggest you add the
following two lines in
/c/gnucash/gnucash-on-windows.git/custom.sh:
WITH_CMAKE=yes

Regards,

Geert