Boost error compiling gnucash under Microsoft Windows

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 8 11:22:25 EST 2017

Op woensdag 8 februari 2017 12:07:08 CET schreef Geert Janssens:
> Op woensdag 8 februari 2017 11:57:56 CET schreef Geert Janssens:
> > Stephen,
> >
> > It's confimed, I goofed :(
> >
> > I have just commited a fix for this. If you pull the latest change in the
> > gnucash-on-windows repository you should be able to proceed.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing this out!
> >
> > Geert
>
> ... and the build then fails while building gnc-timezone.cpp because of a
> integer length issue on my system. This is code John Ralls pushed almost
> half a year ago. It's surprising this fails now. It didn't when using cmake
> and ninja-build last week.
>
> So my original advice stands, add the two variables to your custom.sh (in
> gnucash-on-windows.git). It's the environment as currently used by the
> active developers and hence you have the least issues with that setup.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

And I ran into yet another build failure that got unnoticed unless starting
from scratch. Google Mock wasn't properly detected. To fix this I had to make
modifications to the gnucash git repository, which I have just pushed. Should
you get stuck on this, be sure to pull the latest commits and let us know how
it then goes.

Regards,

Geert