Handling of xml2po based docs translations like the italian

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed Feb 8 12:35:01 EST 2017

Op woensdag 8 februari 2017 15:01:19 CET schreef Frank H. Ellenberger:
> ... continuation:
>
> http://code.gnucash.org/docs/it/gnucash-guide/gnc-gloss.html
> shows another limit beneath the mixture of Italian expressions with
> English explanations.

This is a drawback of using xml2po in general to do the Italian translation.
It wouldn't matter whether the translated xml file is automatically or
manually generated. The xml to po and back conversion program expects strings
not to change positions.

> The alphabetical order of Italian glossary entries would not be the same
> as the English. I don't know, if there is a trick like some XSLT to get
> them in the right order.

Maybe there are. I haven't searched for this yet.

Geert