Re: Fwd: [Gnucash/gnucash] Fix broken german account template 'Kontenrahmen für Wohnungswirtschaft'. (#104)

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 10:52:28 EST 2017

Hi John,

I cc the list, because others might be interested in some background
aspects, too. And eventually will create their localized templates.

Am 29.09.2016 um 09:12 schrieb John Ralls:
> Frank,
>
> Could you take a look at this, please? He's right that the top-level
> accounts aren't parented to the Root account, though his patch fixes
> only one of the 10. What bugs me is that the top-level accounts
> aren't Active and Passive as I thought was required in Germany, and
> that the names of several of them don't seem to be the sort of thing
> that one would make a top-level account, for example
> Leistungsverrechnung, Erträge, and Bautätigkeit.
>
> Regards, John Ralls

As so often, Geert was ways too fast. ;-)

I asked Christoph Franzen. the original author, who recently sent the
first version of an update to the official 2010 edition, to review this
aspect, too. I assume, his first file was made with a GnuCash version,
which had no root node.

In the german business account templates we have 2 different approachs:

Some like my SKR04 have the "didactical overhead" active, passive,
income, expense.

Others were made by more professinal accountants, who know which class
of their template belongs to which type and are annoyed by every
additional keystroke. They use their 10 classes as the top level.

As long as the reports get the accounts correctly grouped by type, I see
no reason to require the first or latter form. The user feedback is too
sparse to decide, whis form is preferred. Finally the users can modify
their file by adding or removing the overhead in short time.

The "Wohnungswirtschaft" account template contains accounts for:

1. Balance sheet
Class 0-2 are the asets (active)
Class 3 is equity
Class 4 accouts are liabilities, so 3-4 are passive

2. Profit & Loss
Class 5 "Leistungsverrechnung" is for internal cost accounting, (e.g.
the carpenters improve the masonry and vice versa, the truck supports x
hours the capentry and y hours the masonry)
Class 6 Earning
Class 7 internal production (House construction) cost will flow in assets
Class 8 other costs
Class 9 Calculations while closing the year, e.g. depreciation

Regards
Frank

>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>> From: rhabacker <notifications at github.com> Subject:
>> [Gnucash/gnucash] Fix broken german account template 'Kontenrahmen
>> für Wohnungswirtschaft'. (#104) Date: September 28, 2016 at
>> 11:57:04 PM GMT+2 To: Gnucash/gnucash <gnucash at noreply.github.com>
>> <reply+0000e61e9b06bab56c2077f0a68646274eea8968d63662c192cf000000011403feb092a169ce0ab911d1 at reply.github.com>

The root node was not used as parent in any other account.