gnucash master: Actually checkout gtest 1.8.0 in travis tests.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 15 12:40:58 EST 2017

> On Jan 15, 2017, at 8:43 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Op zaterdag 14 januari 2017 13:33:58 CET schreef John Ralls:
>> Updated	 via  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/c1e38d5a (commit)
>> 	from  https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/67a0e46f (commit)
>>

>> commit c1e38d5a9f30711cea0a6effbedea725291b8a17
>> Author: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
>> Date:   Sat Jan 14 10:33:14 2017 -0800
>>
>>    Actually checkout gtest 1.8.0 in travis tests.
>>
>>    The other way just makes a new branch pointing to refs/master/HEAD.
>>
> John,
>
> While I certainly prefer your approach (I wasn't aware you could immediately
> specify a branch/tag to check out while cloning), are you sure my version
> would create a branch pointing at head ?
> I would think it would checkout the release-1.8.0 tag, which is a detached
> head at that point. Or do I read your comment incorrectly ?

Geert,

I think I had a brain-fart. I was thinking of `checkout -b release-1.8.0`, which will sometimes fail to do what you want (make a tracking branch when there's a corresponding origin/release-1.8.0. branch; it never works with tags, of course). Without the '-b' it will of course checkout the tag. Sorry.

While we're on the subject of git, you turned off travis builds on the trunk branch, but we kept that around to make life easier when we moved away from svn. Maybe it's time to just remove it?

Regards,
John Ralls