Document Update Instructions have been revised

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:09:13 EST 2017

Hi all,

just a few ideas:
I found by accident the 10 years old
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Concept_Guide_draft/Overview ff., which is
an example for using subpages in a template
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Template:Cgtoc .

Don't confuse it with the more recent
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Concept_Guide which is more a todo list and
ancestor of the Document Update Instructions

Recently I was asking myself and Gert, if we should move the nice
written sections about
#The_Make_Utility
#Step_3_Generate_configure_Script
#Step_4_Make_a_Build_Directory_Structure_and_the_Makefiles
in the basic existing page http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Build_System
or a new page Autotools and linking it from Building_Gnucash and
Translation, too.
That would have the benefit there would be only one page to maintain
almost everything about the autotools components. OTOH some users could
be distracted by the jumping between the pages.

Your opinion?

I understand that the pull request is the adequate way for a longtime
contributor on the mailing list like  you, David. But it would be too
much overhead to create an github account, a ssh key, ... to send a
patch for a typo by a random reader.

Regards
Frank