Gtk3

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Jul 8 09:01:38 EDT 2017

Bob,

While reading through your changes I note we have lots of places where we make
some small tweaks to the default gui style. It shows in your commits because
we have to change from GtkStyle api to GtkStyleContext/GtkCssProvider api.

This got me thinking about a future streamlining we should consider: instead
of adding code snippets that insert custom CSS, can't we collect all of these
snippets in one big CSS file we ship with gnucash, to be stored in /etc/
gnucash/gnucash.css and which we read at load time ? Much like we now load a
custom .gtk3.0-gnucash.css file.

Both can co-exist IMO, with the latter taking precedence over the former. The
one in etc should be "Application" priority the one in the homedir "User"
priority.

This would keep the code cleaner and separate function from presentation.
Especially your initial work of adding style context to most widgets is a big
step in the right direction.

What do you think ?

Regards,

Geert