GnuCash page Git has been changed by Sunfish62

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 23:45:48 EDT 2017

Frank,

I beg to differ about reverting your edits. I have never knowingly reverted any of your edits. (I have had you revert mine, however)

It is true that I have changed things you’ve written, to improve their English grammar and readability. I wouldn’t believe that such changes would require any written justifications, beyond the general change name “Editing to improve readability” which is what I have been doing. If you need me to explain the changes to you, point me to one, and I will gladly explain my choices.

In this particular case, I received a notice that the Git page on the wiki had been changed by your addition of the sentence explaining the github repository. I looked at that (single) change on the wiki, and thought the sentence belonged in a different spot. Note that I didn’t revert that edit; I moved the text. Further examination of the text turned up areas that I thought needed improvement with the text flow. So I began to edit the content to reflect my ideas.

I was not aware that:
1) you were still in process of changing the page,
2) the wiki would alert me of your first edit, but none of the following ones, or
3) the earlier version would not indicate that there were later edits to consider.

As a consequence, I edited the earlier form of the page, rather than your last version. I apologize for that. I will be more careful in the future.

David