Wiki collissions; was: GnuCash page Git has been changed by Sunfish62

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 01:59:08 EDT 2017

> On Jul 28, 2017, at 10:24 AM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
> Am 28.07.2017 um 05:45 schrieb David T.:
>> Frank,
>>
>> I beg to differ about reverting your edits. I have never knowingly reverted any of your edits. (I have had you revert mine, however)
>
> ,,, after you replaced wiki:Glossary by a link to Guide/Glossary which
> had only half of its content. ;-) And I reinserted your complements
> after the revert.

My point is that *I* haven’t reverted changes; *you* have. I don’t plan on rehashing our differences on the content of  that page.

> My suggestion for Wiki collission:
>
> When you get the collission meassage, copy your changeset to the talk
> page of the other user and ask him to apply it.
>
> If you agree, this yould be written to Wiki_Tips or better a new page
> Wiki_Policy.

As I stated before, I was unaware of any collisions in the first place; had I been aware of them, I would have waited for you to complete your edits before attempting my own. Thus, I don’t see a need for a policy on this—although I would welcome a more general discussion about wiki policy, since there are definitely differing ideas on what should be in the wiki, how that information should be maintained over time, and how it should coordinate with other forms of documentation.

David