Intended behavior of automatic decimal point (bug 120940)

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 19:35:23 EDT 2017

Frank,
In common usage here in the US we call the decimal separator a period or
decimal point depending on the context.  As you know, we commonly call the
thousands separator a comma.  I think most coding languages treat both
punctuation marks as separators when embedded in numbers, so that they can
be identified properly in any language.

David C