Intended behavior of automatic decimal point (bug 120940)

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 30 03:04:24 EDT 2017

According to Wikipedia, there is no single format predominant. The green areas in the picture below use commas, while the blue use a period. If the picture doesn’t make it through, Europe, West Africa and South America predominantly use commas, whereas The US, UK, East/Southern Africa, India, China and Australia use the period.

Your markup and changes are fine, although I think “decimal sign” would be simpler as just “decimal,” leaving “decimal separator” in the second spot.

Finally, can I assume that this function correctly inserts a comma when the locale recommends it, or is it always a period?

David