alphabetical sorting of accounts on windows

Vojtech Fried Vojtech.Fried at seznam.cz
Fri Mar 3 08:28:24 EST 2017

Hi,
I live in Czechia, but my Windows 7 are english. I noticed that the sort
order of account names was wrong. I use some czech accented characters in
the account names. I tried to tweak the environment file, but with no
success. I was able to change the Gnucash interface language, but I could
not fix the sort order. In the end I figured out a solution (workaround?):
you need to change the "Language for non-Unicode programs" setting in
Windows (on Windows 7: Control Panels ... Region and Language ..
Administrative .. Change system locale). When I changed it from default
English/US to Czech/Czech Republic, the sort started to be ok.
I am not sure if it is a bug or it is intended this way, but I guess it
should be somewhere in the docs.
Vojtech