Some Assistance Please

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 24 11:16:41 EDT 2017

Michael Ferrara <mferrara1 at gmail.com> writes:

>     There's no good way to translate from Wiki to PDF
>
> Really? PDF can handle hard links within a document. Reference books with

Yes, really.  And it's more than just PDF.  We currently build the docs
into HTML, PDF, Mobi, and at least one other format.  There are no tools
that take wiki content and do that *and* make the results look good.
This is why we chose DocBook, and this is why we've stuck with it.

We've been down this road before.  I have no reason to believe that
today's tools do this any better than the tools last time we went down
this path of exploration.