Wiki Landing Page

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 29 14:19:49 EDT 2017

> On May 29, 2017, at 10:24 AM, doncram <doncram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> About the suggested content now at http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash/sandbox, one objection that I have is that it refers readers to a Documentation page at the main gnucash.org website which provides nothing for them (it only contains links to the Help manual and the Tutorial and Concept Guide, and no other documentation). Specifically, the current content includes:
>
> "For the latest documentation (i.e., unstable releases of the documentation), or to get documentation for other languages or earlier releases, see the [http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml Documentation] page on the GnuCash.org website."
>
> It seems like a false statement, that a reader could get latest documentation or anything else there.  The content already does link to versions of the Help manual and the Tutorial and Concept Guide.  Are you suggesting those are not the latest versions?  Should the content clarify what versions they are?
>
> I am sort of afraid it may be impossible to come to any agreement about any wording, because there are too many people involved (and I guess I am now part of the problem).  I do hope that I am helping by suggesting that a clear proposal needs to be made by a complete new version at the sandbox.  The version there is deficient in my view in this one small way, at least.  --Don

Don,

Why do you think that there's nothing useful on http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml? I don't like the implication that the "unstable" documentation should be considered the "latest" for many users (any differences generally reflect changes in the development branch of GnuCash), but the rest of the sentence is absolutely correct. It could go further by saying that PDF, ePub, and mobi downloads are also available there.

Regards,
John Ralls