Windows Unstable

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Nov 3 10:01:42 EDT 2017

Op vrijdag 3 november 2017 13:29:37 CET schreef Robert Fewell:
> Just a quick question, I did an upgrade of a previous unstable version and
> when I started the new one I got and error about a procedure entry point on
> libgncmod-backend-xml-utils.dll, clicking OK and Gnucash started up.
> Looking at the bin directory, it looks like a couple of files have changed
> there name so I uninstalled, deleted the directory and installed which
> fixed the error.
>
> So the question is, was this deliberate ?
>
> I Enclose a screen shot of the directory.
>
> Bob

I don't think it's a matter of changed names. I believe I removed libgncmod-
backend-xml-utils.dll from the build altogether. IIRC it was only used for
cutecash which has been removed from the source tree.

The dll in your bin directory is likely still there from an earlier build. And
it looks the entry point errors are because it was built with compiler options
from before John fixed exception handling on Windows.

As you figured out, deleting the file should fix it.

Regards,

Geert