Missing glib/gobject when compiling

Edward Bridges ebridges at eqbridges.com
Mon Nov 6 20:40:35 EST 2017

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017, at 10:39 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> > On Nov 5, 2017, at 6:07 PM, Edward Bridges <ebridges at eqbridges.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've built libdbdpgsql.so using jhbuild build libdbi-drivers, then run:
> >
> > cp gnucash-stable/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so \
> >    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd
> >

> > install_name_tool -change gnucash-stable/lib/libdbi.1.dylib \
> >    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libdbi.1.dylib \
> >    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
> >
> > I'm assuming that, then, when I start up Gnucash (v2.6.15) I would have
> > the
> > option to "Save As..." to a Postgresql database option under "Data
> > Format"
> > but it's not appearing, and am not seeing any logs under Console.
> >
> > Thanks for your quick response earlier.  Am I missing a step somewhere
> > here?
>
> I think you also need the pgsql client dylib in the bundle and it would
> be better to use @executable_path/../Resources/lib/libdbi.1.dylib rather
> than /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents as that will allow you to move
> the bundle.
>
> Use `otool -L
> /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so` to
> make sure that your install_name_tool invocation did what you want. I’m
> suspicious of the relative path in your install_name_tool invocation.
>
> Console doesn’t catch stderr anymore and hasn’t since Lion (10.7). You
> can check the trace file (`sudo find /var/private/Temp -name
> gnucash.trace` to get the path) but link errors might not get into there
> either, so best to run GnuCash from a Terminal session:
> /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> so the stderr output goes where you can see it.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi John --

Thanks for your help on this.

When I run according to your instructions I get a brief error message
that libdbi is unable to load the driver -- and it still is not working
(see below).  I could not find a gnucash.trace file under /var as well.

```
~ $ /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
Application Path /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash-bin

(process:4934): gnc.gui-WARNING **: [mac_set_languages()] Language list:
en:en_US:C
(null)
libdbi: Failed to load driver:
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
^C

~ $ otool -L
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so:
	/Users/gnucash/gnucash-stable/lib/libpq.5.dylib (compatibility
	version 5.0.0, current version 5.9.0)
	/Users/gnucash/gnucash-stable/lib/libdbi.1.dylib (compatibility
	version 3.0.0, current version 3.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
	version 1252.0.0)
```

Cheers,
Ed