Missing glib/gobject when compiling

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Nov 5 22:39:21 EST 2017

> On Nov 5, 2017, at 6:07 PM, Edward Bridges <ebridges at eqbridges.com> wrote:
>
> I've built libdbdpgsql.so using jhbuild build libdbi-drivers, then run:
>
> cp gnucash-stable/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so \
>    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd
>

> install_name_tool -change gnucash-stable/lib/libdbi.1.dylib \
>    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libdbi.1.dylib \
>    /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so
>
> I'm assuming that, then, when I start up Gnucash (v2.6.15) I would have
> the
> option to "Save As..." to a Postgresql database option under "Data
> Format"
> but it's not appearing, and am not seeing any logs under Console.
>
> Thanks for your quick response earlier.  Am I missing a step somewhere
> here?

I think you also need the pgsql client dylib in the bundle and it would be better to use @executable_path/../Resources/lib/libdbi.1.dylib rather than /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents as that will allow you to move the bundle.

Use `otool -L /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so` to make sure that your install_name_tool invocation did what you want. I’m suspicious of the relative path in your install_name_tool invocation.

Console doesn’t catch stderr anymore and hasn’t since Lion (10.7). You can check the trace file (`sudo find /var/private/Temp -name gnucash.trace` to get the path) but link errors might not get into there either, so best to run GnuCash from a Terminal session: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
so the stderr output goes where you can see it.

Regards,
John Ralls