Translation...

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 01:26:25 EST 2017

Thomas,

I am not an expert on any of this, but I think that referring to a “split” as a “transaction line” ("ligne de transaction”) would be the most appropriate.

GnuCash uses the term “split” in a decidedly specific manner—which the Guide takes pains to explain (cf. 2.2.3 and the Glossary, for example). I believe that the "transaction line” terminology best reflects the underlying concept.

David T.