should ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY be a system or user variable

Wm wm_o_o_o at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 08:24:10 EST 2017

First, many thanks to all that have put in work on F::Q since the turn
of the month, it has prompted me to try and find where I can make a
contribution again.

Having got my ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY today I'm wondering if it should be a
user variable rather than a system one as the instructions show at the
moment.

Obviously this is a fluid situation and there certainly isn't any rush
in GnuCash version terms but I thought I might see what other people
thought after a couple of weeks and before everyone gets used to it
being one or the other.

I think it should be a user variable if only because it didn't feel
right editing system files to contain user specific info, I don't think
F::Q itself will be fussed much so long as it is in the environment when
needed.

Thoughts ?

--
Wm