Status of 2.7.0

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 18 10:46:58 EDT 2017

> On Sep 18, 2017, at 2:22 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Just a quick question, will this version work on XP, just tried and it installs OK but when you start it complains of a missing libboost_filesystem-mt.dll and looking in the directories it is not present.
>
> Regards,
> Bob
>
> On 18 September 2017 at 08:45, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> Well, I really thought we were ready. It builds and seems to work on Linux, but reports crash on both Mac and Windows, so it's not going to happen today.

Bob,

I don't know if it will run on Win XP. I know it won't build on WinXP.

Today's nightlies are also missing libboost_filesystem-mt because I didn't push the fix for that until just now. I started another release build--this one should show up in releases if it builds through OK--that you can try out. If it works it should be up in an hour or so. I expect that it will crash in webkit just like the one I built last night on my local VM.

Unfortunately I won't have much time to work on it today, and I need to spend time this week getting 2.6.18 ready to release as I won't have much time at the weekend.

Regards,
John Ralls