running setup-mingw64.ps1

pjlbyrne pjlbyrne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:09:09 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am attempting to run this powershell script to setup the build environment
for gnucash on windows.

I get this error:
Get-Item : Cannot find path 'HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTML Help Workshop'
because it does not exist.
At C:\users\pbyrne\Downloads\setup-mingw64.ps1:159 char:25
+ $installed_hh = get-item <<<<  -path "hkcu:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTML Help
Workshop" | foreach-object{$_.GetValue("Inst
allDir")}
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (HKCU:\SOFTWARE\...L Help
Workshop:String) [Get-Item], ItemNotFoundExcep
   tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :
PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetItemCommand
from this script:
# Install Html Help Workshop
$html_help_workshop_url =
"http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/a/9/0a939ef6-e31c-430f-a3df-dfae7960d564/htmlhelp.exe"
$html_help_workshop_installer = "htmlhelp.exe"
$installed_hh = get-item -path "hkcu:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTML Help Workshop"
| foreach-object{$_.GetValue("InstallDir")}

so the problem appears to be that the registry entries are not found,
because the HTML Help Workshop is not installed. I suppose I could manually
install the workshop so the registry entries are available, but that seems
to defeat the point of the exercise! (to script the installation of the
program). Can someone please advise on how this might be fixed?

Cheers
Patrick

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html