[GNC-dev] running setup-mingw64.ps1

pjlbyrne pjlbyrne at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 11:10:41 EDT 2018

Hi again,

I tried this at home and did not get the above errors.

I did however get problems on install, and problems after install.

The install problems are that some package installs appear to fail eg:
(57/97) installing texinfo
      1 [main] pacman 4232 fork: child -1 - forked process 9808 died
unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0xC0000139, errno 11

This happened for:
texinfo
libidn2
wget
perl-libwww
perl-Convert-BinHex

Then I see:
Next we'll install the HTML Help Workshop includes and libraries into our
MinGW directory.
/usr/bin/bash: /mingw64/bin/gendef: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/bash: /mingw64/bin/dlltool: No such file or directory

After install, in mingw64, this does nothing:
patb at DESKTOP-REQM4CB MINGW64 /c/gcdev64
$ jhbuild -f src/gnucash-on-windows.git/jhbuildrc buildrc

Indeed, just typing 'jhbuild' or 'jhbuild --help' does nothing, which seems
very odd to me.

Can someone please advise?
Thanks
Patrick