[GNC-dev] [GNC-Dev]Gnucash-3.0 Build Error in make

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Apr 16 11:44:25 EDT 2018

Thanks Geert,

I have found the thread. I will start again. I had cleared the build
directory after building with it inside the source directory but had not
cleared the source directory. I will wipe the source tree by restoring the
gnucash-3.0 directory from the downloaded archive and then try it again with
the build directory outside the source tree after applying the patches for
gtest and gmock shared libraries.

I have manually cleared all entries from a previous build of 2.6.19
from/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/include,usr/local/lib (gnucash folder and all
libgnc* libraries) and /usr/local/etc. I had run an uninstall on it
previously which normally clears it out but there were still gnucash folders
in each of the locations as well as the previous libgnc* libraries.
$cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -D WITH_AQBANKING=OFF
../gnucash-3.0
$make
$sudo make install

That has now built successfully and now runs.

I have also rebuilt it completely from scratch as above, but with the
build-cmake folder in the gnucash-3.0 directory. For your info it doesn't
really matter if the build-cmake directory is in the parent folder of
gnucash-3.0 or in the gnucash-3.0 directory extracted from the tar as long
as you use the correct relative path from the build directory, i.e. .. or
../ or ../../gnucash-3.0 so it finds the correct CMakeLists.txt in the top
level source folder rather than ../gnucash-3.0 when it is in the parent
directory.

The critical step for clearing the above error was removing all traces of
the previous installation, not where the build directory was located. You
are probably well aware of that but I just wanted to check to make sure my
grip on understanding CMake was right. I personally prefer to have it under
the top level directory of the sources.

Thanks for your help and patience,

David

-----