[GNC-dev] GnuCash 3.0 wine versus Windoze 10

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Apr 19 03:38:12 EDT 2018

Jeffrey,

There should be no significant difference in building Gnucash 3.0 on Ubuntu
Xenial from Linux Mint 18.3 which I have just finished doing, if you need
some guidance in doing that. I have proposed a rewrite of the Wiki page to
the developers to try and make the build instructions a bit more
straightforward and a bit more comprehensive. I used the latest version of
googletest v 1.8.0 from github. Unlike the previous versions it can be
readily installed as shared libraries. I can send instructions for setting
that up if you wish. At present using shared libraries requires a patch to
some of the CMake files to detect the shared googletest libraries which
isn't to my knowledge yet in the stable branch at this stage, but I can send
you already patched versions to just insert into the v3.0 download over the
previous versions. The only build problems I had were ensuring that the
previous build libraries, include files etc had been removed and correctly
addressing the correct toplevel CmakeLists.txt file from the Cmake file (my
own lack of understanding of CMake when I started).

As far as I know the main datafile structure has not changed and it is only
the user preference files which changed from V2.6.19 to v3.0 so if you are
running different versions on different machines, they should transfer OK.
The only problem would be if v3.0, in new features, added new information
that v 2.6.19 was unable to interpret.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens