[GNC-dev] Proposed updates to Wiki Build#Ubuntu pages

jeffrey black beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 17:04:10 EDT 2018

On 04/20/2018 07:40 PM, DaveC49 wrote:
> Thanks Geert,
>
> I will take your feedback on board and have a go at an edit. I am also
> talking Jeffrey Black through a build of v3 on Ubuntu16.04. I hope that will
> clarify things further for me as well.  I've had a quick look at the rewrite
> of the C source code and it looks to be much more structured. I have tried
> to get involved more in the development but have usually found myself lost
> in the maze in the past so that may make it easier to dig a bit deeper.
>
> David
>

> -----
> David Cousens
> --
> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html
> .

David:

Somewhere along the way I corrupted a system image file installing all
of the dependencies.  As soon as I get caught up I am going to try to
un-install all of them and start from scratch. This time paying more
attention to any error messages.  Whatever I did affects most but; not
all of the the packages I have tried to install since.

I did attempt to start a build anyway and was rewarded with something to
the effect of "directory /all/of/ my/subdirs/WITH_OFX=ON does not exist".

--JEffrey Black M.B.A.