[GNC-dev] (no subject)

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:06:13 EDT 2018

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:15:29 +0200
> From: Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
> To: gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: [GNC-dev] Solved : how to extend the selection of
>   predefined actions on a split
>
> Op maandag 30 april 2018 10:07:47 CEST schreef Paul Dest:
>> My problem is solved. Due to a hint in the gnucash-de mailing list I
>> have identified the needed files and made the changes successfully.
>>
>> But still wondering how the *.po files are created. They have very
>> regular format and each entry is commented with references to the lines
>> in c-files. That does not seem to be coded by the hand; all the *.po
>> files would be needed to be rewritten if a line would be inserted in one
>> of the c files referenced (what is actually the case with my personal
>> changes). Here is an example from de.po to illustrate what I am talking
>> about:
>> ------------
>> #: gnucash/gnome-utils/gnc-tree-model-split-reg.c:2856
>> #: gnucash/register/ledger-core/split-register.c:2486
>> msgid "Withdraw"
>> msgstr "Belastung"
>> ------------
>
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#Updating_an_existing_.po_file
>
> That page has additional documentation on how to translate gnucash (for which
> the *.po files are used), gnucash documentation or gnucash account hierarchy
> templates.
>
> Regards,
>
> Geert

Hi Paul,

Another solution, which does not cause extra work each time you upgrade, would be to program a function key to output "Paul".
I haven't tried this myself but I think it should be possible to do this by modifying a gtk3 user configuration file which doesn't get clobbered by an upgrade.
See https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3

Regards, Chris Good