[GNC-dev] Bug 796725

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 16 03:35:37 EDT 2018

Op woensdag 15 augustus 2018 15:43:37 CEST schreef John Ralls:
> I was actually thinking of date ranges on report options, but yeah, having
> both “before” and “on or before” seems redundant.

Technically this is true although that's like stating in sql queries '<' is
redundant because you can simulate it with '<=' by adjusting the parameters.
Yet sql offers both and so should we.

The reasoning is that which construct is preferable depends on the context.
It's sometimes easier to build up the search logic "before" and sometimes it's
easier with "on or before".

Regards,

Geert