[GNC-dev] translation of new register helper panels

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 18:57:01 EDT 2018

Hello Alain,

Am 17.08.2018 um 22:35 schrieb Alain Sanguinetti:
> Hello,
>

> I'm getting started, as of today, in helping translating to French.
>
> I tried to round up the translation of the initial new file helper but I
> can't seem to find the strings corresponding to the 4th and 5th panels.
>
> I generated the pot and merged with the existing fr.po but they don't
> seem to be anywhere :/
>
> If i don't find them in fr.po, where are they ?
>
> Thanks,

You checked out the maint branch of Gnucash?
In the directory po, not po/glossary,
the file fr.po as it is currently on github
has starting in line 7773 the section:
#: ../gnucash/gnome/gtkbuilder/assistant-hierarchy.glade.h:10
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
"\n"
"Select categories that correspond to the ways that you foresee you will
use "
"GnuCash. Each category you select will cause several accounts to be "
"created.\n"
"\n"
"<b>Note:</b> the selection you make here is only the starting point for
your "
"personalized account hierarchy. Accounts can be added, renamed, moved, or "
"deleted by hand later at any time."
msgstr ""
"\n"
"Sélectionnez les catégories correspondantes à votre utilisation de
GnuCash. "
"Chaque catégorie sélectionnée entrainera la création de plusieurs
comptes. "
"Choisissez les catégories vous concernant. Vous pourrez toujours créer
des "
"comptes supplémentaires manuellement plus tard."

The fuzzy flag says the msgid changed after the msgstr was last edited.
So you should compare the msgstr with the new msgid and after updating
the msgstr remove the "#, fuzzy" line to reenable the translation.

Page 5 begins in line 7819.

Because you have run make pot;msgmerge ...
The line number in your version might be slightly different, but you can
either search the file for the english text (=msgid) or the source,
here: assistant-hierarchy.glade.

I would be interested to read, what went wrong in your case.

HTH
Frank