[GNC-dev] Wiki page (re)moval rights

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:19:05 EST 2018

You are right, currently both move and delete (of pages) are Admin
rights according Special:ListGroupRights.

OTOH normal users can movefile, move-rootuserpages, move-categorypages
and move-subpages.

I don't know, how other wikis handle this. How often will you need it,
David?

Allowing to move categories, but no normal pages seems inconsistent to
me. Similar case: Upload (of files) needs special rights, to move them not.

Derek, do you remember the reasons? It might be that we lost the group
editor, for which David has the rights.
BTW: Did you remove the one week delay to create pages for new users?

~Frank