[GNC-dev] Wiki page (re)moval rights

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 6 09:54:19 EST 2018

"Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> writes:

> You are right, currently both move and delete (of pages) are Admin
> rights according Special:ListGroupRights.
>
> OTOH normal users can movefile, move-rootuserpages, move-categorypages
> and move-subpages.
>
> I don't know, how other wikis handle this. How often will you need it,
> David?
>
> Allowing to move categories, but no normal pages seems inconsistent to
> me. Similar case: Upload (of files) needs special rights, to move them not.
>
> Derek, do you remember the reasons? It might be that we lost the group
> editor, for which David has the rights.
> BTW: Did you remove the one week delay to create pages for new users?

I did not drop the 7-day requirement; I haven't edited the config (and
I'm on the road right now).

I also have no idea why the privs are what they are, honestly.  I think
they sort of accreted over time.  I wouldn't mind a complete "reset", if
there is a way to do it, but I think part of the issue is that we
started with a very old version and upgraded several times which might
have changed or lost the standard configs.