[GNC-dev] Wiki page removal

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 3 19:50:09 EST 2018

Ok. So, I'll ask someone to move "MacOSX/Quartz" to "MacOS/Quartz" then.

David

On December 4, 2018, at 12:35 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

Op maandag 3 december 2018 18:18:03 CET schreef D via gnucash-devel:
> It would seem that you all have the mistaken belief that I have powers that
> have not been granted to me --specifically, I do not have any option to
> move a wiki page, thus I cannot 'preserve the talk pages' in any way,
> shape, or form.

Well, I wasn't sure of this, hence my suggestion. But as you don't have these
rights, you can ask someone with rights to move or rename the page for you. It
will be even less work for you :)

> BTW, I'm not sure why it's suddenly a priority to change MacOSInstallation
> to MacOS_Installation. After all, everyone was plenty happy to stay with
> the outmoded MacOSXInstallation until I decided to do something about it.

It was not a priority. But as we were changing the page title anyway it's
nicer to have a more human readable one. I for sure am more comfortable with
reading
"MacOS Installation" than "MacOSInstallation".

Wiki will accept both,  but it won't use the former unchanged in url's as
spaces are known to be tricky. So wiki will always replace spaces with
underscores when generating a url. That's what Frank was pointing out.

Regards,

Geert