[GNC-dev] Interest

Hamidreza Jafari hamidrjafari at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:07:37 EST 2018

I didn't follow Michael D Novack. Though I can clarify on some issues that
were mentioned.

1 - Translation is not complete, my usage of the app is not exhaustive to try
its ins and outs. I questioned if GnuCash is built with the mindset of priming
interest over non-interest. The string I mentioned has either redundant
information or contradicting information.

2 - I do not intend to draw lines but rather to question the line itself. That
way agreement is facilitated or disagreement shows its hidden points of
conflict.

3 - If GnuCash has a part dedicated to loans, a user would be happy to have
all info about his loans under a Loans section rather than keeping notes to
himself in roundabout ways. Accounting is a form of bookkeeping but usage of
computing machines has provided some nifty features not possible with books. I
talked about extending and refactoring to provide support if missing. This is
about development not usage.

Hamid