[GNC-dev] Interest

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 01:09:11 EST 2018

Am 11.12.18 um 22:44 schrieb John Ralls:
>> On Dec 11, 2018, at 1:11 PM, Frank H. Ellenberger <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Michael,
>> I would go further than Hamid. If you see the deposit facility rate at
>> https://www.ecb.europa.eu/stats/policy_and_exchange_rates/key_ecb_interest_rates/html/index.en.html
>>
>> it is time to drop the restriction and allow zero and negative interest
>> rates.
>
> Those rates are for banks borrowing from the ECB. They're not available to anyone likely to be using GnuCash.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Most variable interest rates in Europa have the form
(ECB deposit interest rate) + x .

Currently you are right about borrowing, but not for deposits:
https://ssl.skatbank.de/sites/default/files/Konditionen_und_Preisverzeichnis.pdf
was the first, but others followed.
If you deposit there over 250 000 EUR, the interest rate is -0,5% p.a.

~Frank