Documentation Update Instructions Wiki page

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 05:28:42 EST 2018

Hello,

I am sending out this message to alert folks that I have implemented a substantial update to the Documentation Update Instructions wiki page (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Documentation_Update_Instructions>).

In the past, I have noted the inconsistencies on this page, with one-time steps and OS-specific steps intermingled with repeated and generally-applicable ones. Most recently (last May), I identified several steps that I felt interrupted the procedure description and belonged elsewhere. In general, the page content is largely unchanged, although it has been rearranged substantially. I have attempted to offload some subjects to new pages, and cross-referenced other existing pages on the wiki (most notably the Git page).

It is my hope that the rearrangement makes more sense for documentation contributors.

Highlights of the changes:

* I have moved information about Git from this page and added references pointing to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git>,
* I removed some basic information about setting up a Bugzilla account, and moved other information about Bugzilla and added references pointing to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla>.
* I have moved information about setting up a build environment and added references pointing to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Initializing_Documentation_Build_Environment <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Initializing_Documentation_Build_Environment>
* I have moved information about creating a patch to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Preparing_A_Documentation_Patch <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Preparing_A_Documentation_Patch>, and added a reference to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Pull_Requests <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Pull_Requests>.

I honestly hope that these changes are considered useful. I apologize for embedding such a lot of changes into one commit, but I didn’t see any easy way to stage it in smaller chunks.

David