Scheduled Transactions Calendar

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Sun Jan 14 12:08:55 EST 2018

John Ralls-2 wrote
> If all you want to do is read the data for portfolio calculations there’s
> yet another option: Query it directly. The usual way discussed here is to
> use one of the SQL backends and write SQL queries, but if you’re familiar
> with XML tools like XPath and XQuery you can do the same on an
> uncompressed XML backend file.

Right, thanks. That's essentially what PieCash is - a GnuCash data model
built on top of SQLAlchemy. It contains the data entities (tables and
relationships), which make it easy to query the database at the business
domain level.
It also provides the ability to write data but there I'm a bit reluctant and
only use it for clean cases, like importing prices from .csv or online.
Apart from that, I don't see much need for writing data in portfolio tools.
Stuff like asset allocation, I keep in .json for now and link via commodity
symbols.

The next, fairly simple, thing I want to try is calculation of the average
price paid for a security. As I don't really want scrubbing to split the
transactions into many splits (yesterday I destroyed a database by scrubbing
too much), I'll try to recreate the same process but in-memory only, just
for the purpose of calculation. The performance should not be too bad for
individual securities.

--
Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html