Wiki Page title

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Jan 28 08:41:07 EST 2018

Op zondag 28 januari 2018 08:17:40 CET schreef David T. via gnucash-devel:
> Hello,
>
> As noted recently, I have begun to work on the main Git pages (“Git," and
> "Git for Newbies") on the Wiki. One of the edits I would like to make is to
> change the title from “Git for Newbies” to “An Introduction to Git.” I want
> to do this because I feel the term “Newbie” is disparaging, and does
> nothing to encourage new contributors. Unfortunately, the one thing that I
> don’t seem to be able to change is the page title. Or am I missing
> something?
>
> TIA,
> David
>
> P.S., If “Git for Newbies” becomes “An Introduction to Git,” it may be that
> “Git” becomes something else as well, such as “Using Git for GnuCash
> Development.” _______________________________________________
> gnucash-devel mailing list
> gnucash-devel at gnucash.org

Hi David,

A page's title is also its link. So changing the page title means changing the
link, or to move to page in the wiki.

When I am logged in to the wiki, there is a "More..." menu next to "Read",
"Edit" and "View History". That menu holds a "Move" option which is the way to
change a page title.

It's possible you don't have sufficient privileges for this where I do.

I agree with your assessment of the "Newbie" term, so I have chosen to do the
move and correct all links still pointing at "Git for Newbies". There were
only a few from one single page: the Git page.

The "Git for Newbies" page itself remains as a redirect page to keep old
bookmarks and the rest of the internet happy.

Regards,

Geert