What version of txf export used in windows version 2.6.19

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:41:43 EST 2018

The latest version as of the report re-write was V41, dated 6/16/06, which
was used. The dates you see are used for the report formatting and have
nothing to do with the TXF output or the version of the txf spec. It has
not been updated, yet, to version 42 because I did not know of it until
just now.

> 2)  Also, there is very little information available about the internal
> format of a .TXF file.  In Windows, does it matter if each line with data
> ends in a carriage return <CR>, then followed by a blank line of only
> <CR><LF> ?    IE:
>
> V041<CR>
> <CR><LF>
> AGnuCash 2.6.19<CR>
> <CR><LF>
> D01/26/2018<CR>
> <CR><LF>
> ^<CR>
> etc..

I don't know the answer to that specifically. When the report was first
re-written there was a problem initially on the Windows platform with line
endings that was fixed and tested by the user on Windows that reported the
problem. I don't recall what tax software he used. You could test the
relevance of the blank lines by using a text editor with a small sample to
try different combinations and see if you get different results.

> 3)  there are only 685 codes in V041 and 717 codes in Version 042, all 3
> digits.  Where did you find the codes with four digits?

There is a TXF Spec for Business "Business Tax Exchange Format for Forms
1065, 1120, 1120S, 990, 990-PF, 990-T", V41, that was used.

> --JEffrey Black M.B.A.

 Regards,

Alex