Unstable terminates immediately

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Mar 1 15:02:41 EST 2018

Op donderdag 1 maart 2018 19:31:20 CET schreef Alex Aycinena:
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 12:58 PM, Geert Janssens <
> >
> > geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
> >> Alex,
> >>
> >> I can't reproduce this on Fedora 26 (64bit) not even after a clean
> >> rebuild.
> >> Gnucash starts and runs just fine.
> >>
> >> What platform are you on again ?
> >> Do you see anything in the build log ? An unusual warning or something ?
> >> Do you configure for ninja or makefiles ?
> >>
> >> Geert
> >
> > Geert,
> >
> > Thanks for response. I don't know why, but I found your response in my
> > gmail spam folder??
> >
> > Anyway, I'm building on F27. It happened on the build where I'm trying to
> > finish up the little Account Maintenance changes I started a while back.
> > I'll try with an absolutely clean checkout. I'm sure that since we are
> > both
> > on recent Fedoras it will be fine. I'll get back to you in a few minutes.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Alex
>
> Geert,
>
> Getting the same result with fresh checkout on master with same trace file.
>
> My steps are:
>
> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint]$ git status
> On branch master
> Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

Ok, first thing: development is currently happening on unstable. Master is
rebased right after each development release. So I tested on unstable, which
already has several additional commits. But I doubt it matters in this case.
Since you are working on master, you are essentially building the 2.7.5
release.

> nothing to commit, working tree clean
> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint]$ cd
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-acct-maint-build
> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint-build]$ rm -rf *

This does not delete all previously generated build files. You should do
rm -fr * .??*
instead to also delete a few hidden files (used by ninja)

> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint-build]$ cmake -D
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint -D
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -G Ninja
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-acct-maint
>
> No unusual messages on cmake output. then:

That looks normal indeed.

> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint-build]$ ninja-build
>
> I get two messages early:
>
> -- Checking for module 'ktoblzcheck'
> --   Package 'ktoblzcheck', required by 'virtual:world', not found
> -- Checking for module 'gwengui-gtk3'
> --   Package 'gwengui-gtk3', required by 'virtual:world', not found
>
> then  later:
>
> [862/929] Generating
> ../../../../lib64...nucash/report/locale-specific/de_DE.go
>
> (process:8169): gnc.module-WARNING **: Could not locate module
> gnucash/tax/de_DE interface v.0
> wrote
> `/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-acct-maint-build/lib64/gnucash/scm/c
> cache/2.0/gnucash/report/locale-specific/de_DE.go'
>
> Everything else on build looks OK. Then:
>
> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint-build]$ ninja-build check
> [20/379] cd /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheck...nucash-acct-maint/po -P
> check-po.cmake
> Unsuccessful open on filename containing newline at
> /usr/bin/intltool-update line 1161.
> The usage of POTFILES.ignore is deprecated. Please consider moving the
> content of this file to POTFILES.skip.
>
> I thought I saw a recent push got rid of POTFILES.ignore(??). Everything
> else on check is OK.

It is removed on unstable. Master is still behind.

> Then:
>
> [root at Fedora27 ~]# cd /opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint
> [root at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint]# rm  -rf *
> [root at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint]# cd
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-acct-maint-build
> [root at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint-build]# time { ninja-build install; }
>
> No unusual messages during install, then:
>
> [gnucash-dev at Fedora27 gnucash-acct-maint]$ export
> XDG_DATA_DIRS="/opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint/share/:/usr/local/share/:
> /usr/share/"; /opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint/bin/gnucash --debug --log
> gnc.scm=debug --nofile

There should be no need to set XDG_DATA_DIRS. This is incorporated in the etc/
gnucash/environment file (/opt/etc/... in your case).

> Which shows some of the usual command line messages, the splash screen
> shows briefly, then it returns to the command prompt without showing the
> usual lines about the user config file or the version of finance-quote.
>
> Any ideas?

Other than not fully clearing your build directory I don't see any issues. If
that doesn't fix it, you could

1. check if the gnucash modules are really installed in
/opt/gnucash-git/lib(64)/gnucash
For example your trace file suggests gnc_module can't find the gnucash/engine
module. That should be
/opt/gnucash-git/lib(64)/gnucash/libgncmod-engine.so

2. You could also add --log gnc.module=debug to get more detailed log output
from gnc_module.

Oh, and yes it's a public secret gmail doesn't like me :(

Geert