Unstable terminates immediately

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Mar 2 09:21:04 EST 2018

> On Mar 2, 2018, at 4:03 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Op vrijdag 2 maart 2018 02:21:45 CET schreef Alex Aycinena:
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 5:15 PM, John Ralls <johndanielralls at gmail.com>
>>
>> wrote:
>>> Run it in the debugger and see where it’s crashing and why?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ralls
>>
>> Actually I tried that before sending the first e-mail and there was no
>> crash and no backtrace. It simply exited during the splash screen and the
>> trace file showed it couldn't find the various modules mention earlier in
>> this thread. I'm going to try as a different user to see if there is
>> something weird in my environment or anything like that.
>>
>> Alex
>
> Simply to rule F26/27 differences out I have upgraded to F27 overnight. It
> still works ok here, though I do install in a subdirectory of my homedir
> instead of /opt.

That reminds me, Cmake handles /opt installations specially. It wants to install etc/gnucash/* in /etc/opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint/gnucash/gnucash. That (a) fails unless you say `sudo ninja install` and (b) ensures that the files are in a place GnuCash will never find them.

Try passing -DSYSCONFDIR=/opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-acct-maint/etc on the CMake command line.

Regards,
John Ralls