Windows Build

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sun Mar 4 14:57:54 EST 2018

Op zondag 4 maart 2018 17:40:08 CET schreef Geert Janssens:
> Op zondag 4 maart 2018 16:19:46 CET schreef Robert Fewell:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Just tried to build the latest unstable for Windows but it fails with this
> >
> > [ 76%] Generating gnucash.appdata.xml
> > C:/gcdev64/msys2/mingw32/bin/msgfmt.exe: cannot locate ITS rules for
> > C:/gcdev64/gnucash/unstable/src/gnucash-git/gnucash/gnome/
> > gnucash.appdata.xml.in
> > make[2]: *** [gnucash/gnome/CMakeFiles/gnucash-appdata.dir/build.make:61:
> > gnucash/gnome/gnucash.appdata.xml] Error 1
> > make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7919:
> > gnucash/gnome/CMakeFiles/gnucash-appdata.dir/all] Error 2
> > make: *** [Makefile:163: all] Error 2
> > *** Error during phase build of gnucash-git: ########## Error running make
> > -j 1  *** [15/17]
> >
> > Poked around but could not get it to work so thought I would see what the
> > build server logs yield but that has not worked since 25/02/2018 so no
> > help
> > there.
>
> This probably means msgfmt is not finding gettext's its rules. On linux they
> are in /usr/share/gettext/its and/or /usr/share/gettext-0.19.8/its.
>
> I had to search a bit on the windows build server. Apparently there they are
> stored under /mingw32/share/gettext/its which for some reason is not where
> msgfmt is expecting them. We can fix this by setting environment variable
> GETTEXTDATADIR to /mingw32/share/gettext somewhere that it's in the
> environment when gnucash is being built. I don't know offhand how to do
> that exactly in jhbuild.
>
> > So I downloaded that build but it fails with a missing
> > libboost_date_time-mt.dll so if the above is fixed it still might not
> > work.
>
> Interesting. The build server's build failure is a gettext issue as well. It
> fails to compare GETTEXT_VERSION_STRING to 0.19. Or more precisely it seems
> like GETTEXT_VERSION_STRING is not being set.

FYI, I'm in the process of rerunning my own unstable build, but it looks like
it will still take a few hours...

..

> > Also the maint
> > build is complaining about certificates and gives up.
>
> Hmm, looks like our download script isn't happy with the new certificate
> being used at aquamaniac.  It appears the download function we use is not
> smart enough to read Alternative DNS names from the certificate... To be
> investigated...

I have looked at the maint issue. I tried adding "--no-check-certificates",
but that didn't make any difference. The issue is not the certificate not
being accepted, on the mingw version of wget it's merely a warning. But for
some reason wget doesn't get any response from the aquamaniac website. So it
retries 20 times and then gives up.
To work around this, I have manually downloaded the necessary gwenhywfar and
aqbanking packages and stored them in the downloads directory for the maint
build. As we're targeting only one last maint release, that should do.