[GNC-dev] [GNC] Gnucash 3.1 crashes on Windows 10 while loading Reports-Gnome

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:39:20 EDT 2018

Hi Peter

This is because of two different issues:

1) the Description grouping/sorting was not really enabled in the
previous patch. Try this new one. I think Description grouping/subtotals
is reasonable (e.g. group/subtotals all 'Water Bills', 'Mortgage
Repayments').

2) Primary=Memo will not necessarily sort by the "Memo/Notes" column,
which is a complex display of split->memo, or split->transaction->notes
if memo was blank. Moreover, technically, the default sorter needs to be
disabled and a custom sorter used for Notes sorting. Hence I have
reservations about enabling grouping/subtotals for Notes/Memo.

This version will enable sorting/grouping for all Description, Notes, or
Memo. Seems to work well on mine.

Feedback still welcome!