[GNC-dev] Solved : how to extend the selection of predefined actions on a split

Paul Dest paul.dest at web.de
Tue May 1 06:34:14 EDT 2018

Hi Chris,

That could be a very nice solution.

But (in GTK) it doesn't seem possible to bind an accelerator key to an
arbitrary string of keystrokes. I have checked the GTK3 docs:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/gtk3-Accelerator-Maps.html
It explains about the accelerator path:
------
The accelerator path must consist of
“<WINDOWTYPE>/Category1/Category2/.../Action”, where WINDOWTYPE should
be a unique application-specific identifier that corresponds to the kind
of window the accelerator is being used in, e.g. “Gimp-Image”,
“Abiword-Document” or “Gnumeric-Settings”. The “Category1/.../Action”
portion is most appropriately chosen by the action the accelerator
triggers, i.e. for accelerators on menu items, choose the item’s menu
path, e.g. “File/Save As”, “Image/View/Zoom” or “Edit/Select All”. So a
full valid accelerator path may look like:
“<Gimp-Toolbox>/File/Dialogs/Tool Options...”.
------

Actually, the accelerator path does not need to reference a menu item
but it must reference an action declared and implemented by the
application. So, the wanted string of keystrokes have to be coded as an
action of the application. Hence, a change in the GnuCash application
itself would be needed.

Regards,
Paul