[GNC-dev] Solved another way: how to extend the selection of predefined actions on a split

Paul Dest paul.dest at web.de
Tue May 1 10:14:02 EDT 2018

Chris, hi again!

Even though GTK doesn't offer the possibility, your approach is still
valid. I just needed to think out of the box... ;-)
i.e. out of the GTK, even out the GnuCash.

The functionality to bind a key to output a text is a pretty generic
one. On Linux Mint 18.3 (Cinnamon 3.6), I realized it by a custom
shortcut binding to "xdotool type 'Paul'" (with a script as wrapper and
some preparations; for details refer to:
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/36922/keyboard-shortcut-to-send-text-strings-to-program
).

So, thank you very much for your suggestion!
Paul