[GNC-dev] Request of keeping a 2.6 branch still alive (Re: branch-2.6)

Christian Stimming christian at cstimming.de
Wed May 30 16:31:03 EDT 2018

Am Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018, 06:56:44 schrieb John Ralls:
> > On May 29, 2018, at 5:04 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
> > wrote:
> >
> > or at best on a branch that clearly shows it's not maintained by the
> > currently active gnucash community (like a cstim-2.6 branch or something
> > similar).
>
> Git != SVN. There is *no reason* for personal branches in a git repository.
> Everyone has their own repository and can easily publish it on Github or
> similar services. That’s where personal branches belong.

But why do we keep a "gnucash" repo at all and not only everyone's personal
repository? Of course there is some sort of project belonging. My proposal is
to still keep the 2.6 branch a little bit more alive, and one or two
maintenance releases might be spun off from there. I'd be the one who does the
housekeeping there, as discussed already.

Nevertheless thanks for the pointers about building on Ubuntu 14.04, I'll look
into this for the time being. I'd still like to have the 2.6 branch slightly
longer alive, though.

Regards,

Christian