[GNC-dev] Erroneously filtered register

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 1 15:31:01 EDT 2018

After loading up the first time on 3.3 (MacOS High Sierra) I noticed one of my registers had very few transactions in it. Slight panic started to take hold, but I quickly reminded myself I make backups, and then I noticed the ‘Filtered’ indication in the upper right corner. I checked the filter settings and sure enough, it was set to an end date as ‘Choose date’ and the result as 1/1/16 which was the earliest date in this book. Clearing the filter to ‘Show all’ of course made the other transactions visible again as expected. Note, prior to this, the register was *not* filtered and all transactions were visible. (I’ve never used this feature) Also, this register was open at the time I closed Gnucash prior to updating the app and relaunching so it was one of those tabs automatically re-opened. I’m not sure if that made a difference, was part of the cause (another open register remains unfiltered however) or if this was just a one-time quirk.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Regards,
Adrien